Love Not Fear (again)

I just saw that someone named "Lindsay" left a comment on my earlier post "Love Not Fear". Since that post is well and truly buried in the past, and since I thought Lindsay's words were so wonderful, I've decided to post them here.

Lindsay said...

This is a message for everyone. I am a stranger you, but not because I am, as all are, given free will with which I can choose to act through love and not through fear.

Many people ask, why should we not be afraid when god does not protect us from trouble, where I say, god does so but through us.

When we act through love, happiness follows. When we have feelings that can be described as love, that is god talking to us. We need only to listen.


And here's my reply:

Thank you, Lindsay. As you said, you and I are strangers, but I'm sure your friends are blessed to know you.

I don't know why God doesn't make things easier on us. That's just one in a long list of things I don't know. But you're right, Lindsay, God works through us to help each other when trouble comes, or to keep trouble away.

I do want to say that love doesn't always lead to happiness. Sometimes it leads to a very deep sadness. But one thing it doesn't lead to is fear.

And that's fine with me. We've got enough fear going around these days anyway.

Thank you again, Lindsay. And may God continue to bless you.

If you're ever in the New Orleans area, stop by Northminster Prebyerian and ask for Mr. Tim. I'd love to meet you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saint Ruby Yenkala

Online Worshp for a Small Church (Week 1)

A Sermon: What Happens when I Try to Write a Sermon in McDonald’s (Text: Matthew 5:11-16)