Troubling passage and a short story

It was kind of a meandering class today, but I wanted feedback on last week's youth-led worship, and I've found that sometimes it helps to let you all organize your thoughts by wandering around a bit. (Or maybe that's me that organizes my thoughts through chaos....)

The troubling passage I read you was 2 Thessalonians chapter 1. I am stuggling with this one, and I'll probably read the rest of 2 Thess again to see what I can learn. I'd love your thoughts. As I said, if you think you understand the totality of God's word, you're wrong, possibly crazy, and maybe even dangerous.

Finally, I don't know if you're familiar with it, but there's a really cool science fiction short story by Terry Bisson called They're Made Out of Meat. It is not specifically religious or Christian, but one of Christianity's central tenets is God's Incarnation, which literally means "God Become Meat."

{Note: On Bisson's website, there's a link to a very short movie based on the story. I like the movie, but there is an unfortunate use of a very strong profanity (not in the story) uttered by someone in the background.)

Oh, and one more thing: I started Dad's Cool Sites, another blog with links and stuff I find that I think my kids would like. If you're curious, well, it's a free internet. That is, for now. (Sorry for the off-topic political link, but I couldn't help myself.)

Feel free to post your thoughts or comments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saint Ruby Yenkala

Online Worshp for a Small Church (Week 1)

A Sermon: What Happens when I Try to Write a Sermon in McDonald’s (Text: Matthew 5:11-16)